Your Privacy Rights
This Privacy Statement (“Privacy Statement”) describes the information that Charmios Stores, Inc., its affiliated companies, subsidiaries and service partners collects about you; how we use and protect this information; and the choices you can make about how we use this information.
Information Covered by This Statement
This Privacy Statement applies to information, including personal information, collected about you by Charmios. Personal information is information that could reasonably allow you to be identified. Some Charmios.com pages may contain links to non-Charmios sites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies of those sites. We recommend you review the privacy policies of each site you visit.
Information We Collect
We may collect information about you from a variety of sources, including information we collect from you directly; information we collect about you when you visit our sites, use our services, or view our online advertisements; and information we collect about you from other sources. We collect personal information about our users over time and across different websites when you use this website or service. Third party service providers may also collect personal information this way.
Information we collect directly from you:
We collect information directly from you when you choose to register with our site, participate in our offers and programs, purchase products from our site, call Customer Care, or otherwise provide information directly to us. The following are examples of information we may collect directly from you:
- Name, email address, postal address
- Username and password.
- Phone number or mobile number.
- Date of birth.
- Demographic information.
- Payment information (such as a credit card).
- Future communication preferences.
Information we collect when you visit our sites, use our services, or view our online advertisements:
- Your browser type and operating system.
- Web pages you view.
- Links you click.
- IP address.
- Site you visited before coming to our site.
- Michaels emails you open and/or forward.
- Michaels offers or links you connect to via emails.
Information we collect from other sources:
We may obtain information about you from other sources, including commercially available sources, such as data aggregators and public databases. The following are examples of information we may collect from other sources:
- Name, postal address.
- Income level.
- Marital status and number of children.
- Your interests such as hobbies and pets.
- Consumer and market research data.
- Purchase behavior.
- Publicly observed data or activities, such as blogs, videos, internet postings, user generated content, and in-store shopping behavior.
All of the information we collect about you may be combined, which helps us tailor our communications to you and maximize your customer experience with Michaels.
“Do Not Track”
Do Not Track (DNT) is a privacy preference that users can set in certain web browsers. When a user turns on DNT, the browser may send a signal or other message to web services requesting that they “do not track” the user. At this time, we do not change our practices in response to Do Not Track browser settings. For information about do not track, visit www.allaboutdnt.org.
How We Use This Information
To provide offers, products and services. We use the information we collect to provide the products and services you request, to tell you about other products and services offered by Michaels, and to manage our sites and services.
The following are ways we may use the information we collect about you:
- Send offers and information.
- Develop new products and services.
- Enroll you in contests, programs, or offers you request.
- To provide you with other services that we have offered to you
- Create and manage your account.
- Process payment for purchases or other services.
- Protect against or identify possible fraudulent transactions.
- Provide you with customized, unsolicited offers and information about Michaels products and services.
- Develop and provide advertising tailored to your interests.
- Analyze the use of our products, services and sites.
- Understand how you arrived at our site.
- Determine the effectiveness of our advertising.
- Enforce our Terms and Conditions and otherwise manage or protect our business.
Your Choices & Access to Your Information
We give you choices about how we communicate with you.
Electronic and Mobile Communications. We only send you promotional mobile or email messages if you provide us with your contact information and opt in to receive the messages. You can stop receiving promotional mobile and email messages from Michaels by following the instructions provided in any such message you receive.
Postal Mail. We may mail you unsolicited offers or product information that we believe is of interest to you. Promotional postal mail may contain opt out instructions, and you can stop receiving promotional postal mail from us by following those instructions.
Access. You can view, correct or update the personal contact information you provide us by navigating to “My Michaels” and logging in with your username and password. If you have registered with midesign.michaels.com/invitations and/or with midesign.michaels.com/digitalphoto, you will need to log in to each account separately to update your information. At this time, changing or updating your account on michaels.com will not automatically update your information with midesign.michaels.com/invitations or /digitalphoto, and vice versa.
How to Opt-In and Opt-Out of Communications
Our Site provides you the opportunity to opt-in and to opt-out of receiving communications from Michaels. To have your information removed from the Charmios database, please contact us with your request online, by email or by phone as follows:
Online. Visit the “Contact Us” form on our website, and submit the completed form.
By email. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org from your email address of record with a subject line of UNSUBSCRIBE.
Click “Unsubscribe.” Each email we send you contains an “UNSUBSCRIBE” link at the bottom of the email. Open your email, click “UNSUBSCRIBE”, and follow the instructions on the screen to change your communication preferences.
PLEASE NOTE: If you choose to stop receiving promotional messages from us, we will honor your request. However, we will continue to send you service related communications and we may need to keep the information we have collected about you for record keeping, analysis or other reasons, to the extent permitted by law.
Tracking Tools: Cookies, Web Beacons and other Technologies
We may use tracking tools to serve you with interest-based advertising and to better understand your behaviors and browsing activities. We might permit third parties to gather information through our websites, including for behavioral advertising purposes. You can opt out of online behavioral advertising by going to www.aboutads.info/choices.
Web Beacons. Web beacons are small bits of code embedded in web pages or in emails. We may use web beacons to deliver or communicate with cookies, to count users who have visited a web page, and to understand usage patterns. We also may include web beacons in e-mails to learn if messages have been opened, acted on, or forwarded.
Other Technologies. Examples of other technologies we may use to provide better service to you include:
- Web Session Variables. Information that is passed from one web URL to another as you browse.
- Browser plug-ins/add-ons. Additional web components that may need to be installed to enable certain web features on our sites. You have the option not to install these components.